Founded in 1964 in Rome by Rosana Pistolese, costume and fashion historian, as well as costume designer for theater, television and cinema, and also fashion and costume writer and publicist.
Thanks to the great talent and passion of its founder, Accademia has become over time a laboratory of ideas and research. An Italian prestigious private academy and cultural association that offers unique resources to carry out varied research within the wider scope of the fashion industry.
During the Fashion Residency in Milan, four selected professionals, with a background or an interest in the broad field of fashion, access to a campus studio designed for creative work, research and networking. Participant will receive individual as well as group guidance with lectures and discussions regarding topics such as Contemporary Art, Fashion History, Sociology, Understanding Contemporary Fashion, Portfolio Building and Communication, as well as others.
Fashion Residents will get series of lectures about art & fashion, fashion & society, fashion fabrics history, knitwear history and industry overview, and special masterclass about fashion design & production ethics too. They will also take part in planned visits to museums and cultural institutions as well as possible trade fairs. To enhance the research and educational support, access to Luigi Bocconi Library is granted and a special excursion to the seat of AMC in Rome is included too.
During the residency the main emphasis is on research projects. However, there is also a program aimed at enriching and supporting your experience. It is unique research practice involvement between the Accademia, museums, libraries, archives, industry initiatives and exhibitions. Together they create a rich tapestry of knowledge gathering, inspiration and in-depth research.
Join an unique opportunity that combines peer learning with an experience during Fashion residency in Milan!
- The applicant/s must be citizen from V4 country.
- The applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Good knowledge of English language both spoken and written is required (Italian language is an advantage).
- The main criteria for selection of the Fashion Residents include a professional approach towards creative work documented by previous work/projects and residency plans presented by the applicants in the application form.
- The residency period is 2 months and lasts from June 1st to July 31st, 2024.
- The amount of support for each artist is from 2,000 EUR up to 3,000 EUR depending on conditions. Accommodation costs to be covered by the Visegrad Fund.
This residency program is incomparable as it doesn't follow the format of a degree program. Instead, it offers a learning experience focused on research. When applying it's essential to present a defined research proposal that showcases your ideas from your own perspective. The ACM will actively support research endeavors providing residents with feedback before their final presentation.
Technical problems with online application and other questions should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The online application system opens at noon on February 1, 2024.
It is not possible to apply outside of this submission period.
Your application must include the following enclosures:
- Copy of your ID or passport
- Your CV and motivation letter (including your project plan)
- Artistic portfolio (files or link to artist´s website)
Applicants are selected on the basis of their previous work documented in personal portfolio, structured curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter and a project plan.